Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Friday, October 24, 2008
Monday, October 20, 2008
Friday, October 17, 2008
In 1950, a group of young Philadelphia trick or-treaters, along with their pastor, began the tradition of knocking on doors and collecting funds for UNICEF on Halloween. Since then Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF has empowered generations to save kids lives in their global community through education and fundraising during the Halloween season.
Last year, kids with their families, schools and communities raised more than $4.5 million dollars and over $140 million dollars to date. I hope you will help Will make this year a huge success too.
Here are some examples of how a little can go a long way:
* $5 can provide a box of 100 disposable syringes for use during immunization campaigns.
* $15 can buy one carton of high energy protein biscuits to support and rehabilitate 3 severely malnourished kids for 1 month.
* $44 can provide school supplies to 20 kids
Below, you will find a link to Will’s Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF fundraising webpage. It takes seconds to make a donation, and you can give any amount, a little or a lot. Since it's so easy to make an impact, I hope you'll support Will in this important cause. Because every kid counts!
Thank you for any support you may give!
CK Scrapbook Online Community - What Scrapbookers Want: The Ultimate Holiday Gift-GETTING Guide
Posted using ShareThis
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
DUE TO RECENT BUDGET CUTS, AND THE RISING COST OF ELECTRICITY, GAS AND OIL, THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL HAS BEEN TURNED OFF.
WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE
Sincerely, The Government
Yes, I have been missing from the blogosphere...I've been getting ready for Mr. Will's 2nd birthday party! He turned 2 last week and we had 2 parties this weekend, one at home, and one in Oklahoma at my grandma's house. (And, now I'm broke!) It has been a LONG weekend. But, now I need to make thank you cards, so perhaps I'll get something posted soon, at least a picture of my cute little guy! I hope to get back in the swing of things soon!
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Will's birthday is next week, and so far, I've gotten a free Wacky Pack from Sonic and a free kids meal from Famous Dave's for him. I also just signed myself up at First Watch and already received a free entree! Sign up for Minsky's Pizza (KC Metro pizza chain) and you can get a free small pizza on your birthday! We've got a coupon from Jeff's birthday last month. Speaking of which, it expires soon, we need to use it!
Yes, I know, this isn't stamping related at all, but free food and goodies free up money to buy MORE stamping supplies! Hurray for freebies! Do you know of any other freebies that aren't on the Freebies 4 Mom list, leave me a comment. I love freebies!
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
September Gardner Stamp Club Swaps, Theme is Fall, from top - Marilyn, Vickie, Barb, Melissa, Mine
This is Barb's make-n-take that we all made, it's a Fold-Over Treat Envelope first seen in the TAC catty. Barb tells more about it here, and much more eloquently, too. :) And, Barb took both of these pics, the swap pic was on our Gardner Stamp Club page and the Envelope on her blog. How sad, I couldn't even take the time to take a picture myself. :( Oh well, Barb's pics are WAY better!
I agreed to participate in Barb's Random Mail Stamp Challenge, she told you about it here...and plan to actually get to it tonight! I misplaced the image she sent me, but finally found it last night. I'd like to get one more post in this month, cause I've been SLACKING (in all fairness, I've been fighting some sort of illness and spend most of my time at home coughing which in turn gives me a headache and we've been breaking the little guy from his pacifier, so I've had my hands full!) and haven't done much. :( Tonight is the night to get this done! I've got an idea, and hopefully I'll have it posted before midnight! Anyhoo, check out Barb's site and you'll find the other gals that have participated on the right side of her page. There's some cute stuff there! :) If you'd like to be the next to participate, leave a comment and I'll send you a random stamped image and the directions for the challenge!
Until this evening....
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Monday, September 22, 2008
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Honey Quick Bread
2-1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1 t. baking powder
1/4 t. cinnamon
1/2 c. oil
1-1/2 c. buttermilk
1/2 c. honey
Mix all ingredients together; spoon into a greased and floured 9"x5" loaf pan. Let stand for 20 minutes; bake at 375 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes. Makes one loaf.
I made some of Will's birthday invites last night and they are no where near as cute as I'd hoped. I had been lucky enough to find some Cars stamps a while back but they just din't work out for this. :-( Would have been too much work. So I just embellished my black and red layered cards with Cars stickers. Eh. :-( Maybe I can make something post-worthy tonight. We'll see. I am feeling better!
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Somebody please post and tell me they did the same thing!
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Friday, September 5, 2008
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Barb from Foster Design House nominated me for an award. Barb is one of my favorite bloggers, and people, by far! She is a phenominal artist and her work continues to amaze me. I wish I was HALF as creative as her! Thank you Barb!
1. Put the logo on your blog.
So, here goes...
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Rent something good, like Tremors! JK4HM5
Monday, August 18, 2008
Kettle corn - I finally tried it over the weekend. Not bad! I popped it in a regular pot, I think it would work better in a whirly pop popper or electric popper though. Anything that can be stirred...but with the sugar, it'll make for a b!tch to clean up. My MIL has an electric one like the picture, and she let it sit overnight and she though clean up was a bit easier. It's worth a shot!
Enjoy your movie and popcorn!
Friday, August 15, 2008
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
There are now 3 Red Boxes in Gardner! One at Price Chopper, McDonald's and now at Wal-Mart! So, head on out and pick up a movie for FREE with Wednesday's free code Y72LR2. I signed up on the Red Box website to get a free Monday rental code texted to me weekly. They've added Wednesday codes as well, so I can get free movies twice a week now! Woo hoo!
Popcorn. The fair was in town last week and of course all of my kettle corn is now gone! Bummer! Good thing I'd ran across a recipe for it awhile back, I just had to go back and find it. I did, I got it in a newsletter from The Everyday Cheapskate, Mary Hunt.
Her newsletters include tips on anything you can imagine and are fun to read. Here is the Kettle Corn recipe, I haven't attempted it yet, but my MIL has and it is AWESOME! It tastes just like what you'd get at the fair!
1/2 cup un-popped popcorn kernels
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup vegetable oil
Place the popcorn, sugar and salt in a large pot with vegetable oil. Cover. Place pot over medium heat. When you hear the first pop, shake the pot and continue shaking back and forth to ensure that the popcorn kernels and oil do not burn. Once the popping has slowed, remove the pot from the heat.
Servings: 5. (Well, unless you're me, serves ONE!)
Free movie, (almost) free popcorn...all the makings for a great night! Enjoy!
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Now, a survey. Why not? I was cleaning out my inbox and ran across this survey that I got from my friend Angie and thought I'd throw it up here. It's fun learning these quacky things about each other. (Plus, we've got family in town this weekend so there probably won't be any crafting done, so be prepared for a quiz on Monday!) If you re-post it, add a link in my comments!
1. DO YOU LIKE BLUE CHEESE? never!
2. HAVE YOU EVER SMOKED HEROIN? never!
3. DO YOU OWN A GUN? Jeff has a BB gun and one of those guns that shoot nails into concrete. Oh, I do have a STAPLE gun. I don't think I even own a GLUE gun!
4. WHAT FLAVOR DO YOU ADD TO YOUR DRINK AT SONIC? I guess cherry, cause I get a diet cherry limeade, yummy!
5. DO YOU GET NERVOUS BEFORE DOCTOR'S APPTS.? yes
6. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF HOT DOGS? I like em.
7. FAVORITE CHRISTMAS MOVIE? Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, Burl Ives rocks!
8. WHAT DO YOU PREFER TO DRINK IN THE MORNING? anything with caffeine
9. CAN YOU DO PUSH UPS? haven't tried for awhile, and I'm not going to try now!
10. HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU BEEN IN A WEDDING PARTY? one, just my own
11. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE PIECE OF JEWELRY? wedding ring
12. FAVORITE HOBBY? paper crafting :)
13. WHAT SONG USUALLY PLAYS IN YOUR MENTAL CD PLAYER? Probably a theme song from one of Will's cartoons, ugh!
14. DO YOU HAVE A.D.D.? yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes (I agree with Angie!)
15. WHAT'S ONE TRAIT YOU HATE ABOUT YOURSELF? Is body a trait?
16. MIDDLE NAME? Briana
17. WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS AT THIS EXACT MOMENT? uh, hello, filling this thing out.
18. NAME 3 THINGS YOU BOUGHT YESTERDAY? lunch, kettle corn, Will's game chance at fair!
19. NAME 3 DRINKS YOU REGULARLY DRINK? water, diet dr pepper, diet pepsi
20. CURRENT WORRY? money
21. CURRENT HATE RIGHT NOW? heat!
22. FAVORITE PLACE TO BE? anywhere with my family
23. HOW DID YOU RING IN THE NEW YEAR? Frick, do any of you know where I was? UPDATE: I'M A HORRIBLE PERSON! HOW DID I FORGET THAT WE WERE AT JAY AND JEANIE'S HOUSE (JEFF'S AUNT AND UNCLE)?
24. WHERE WOULD YOU LIKE TO GO? somewhere temperature cool to hang out with my boys and stamp
25. NAME THREE PEOPLE WHO WILL COMPLETE THIS? I don't know, will you?
26. DO YOU OWN SLIPPERS? yes
27. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? white with black and yellow
28. DO YOU LIKE SLEEPING ON SATIN SHEETS? no
29. CAN YOU WHISTLE? yes
30. FAVORITE COLOR? blue
31. WOULD YOU BE A PIRATE? I guess
32. WHAT SONGS DO YOU SING IN THE SHOWER? normally too tired to think of songs
33. FAVORITE GIRL'S NAME? Hmmm, not sure.
34. FAVORITE BOY'S NAME? I'd be bad if I didn't say Will.
(Wha happened to #35???)
36. LAST THING THAT MADE YOU LAUGH? Angie's answer to #48
37. BEST BED SHEETS AS A CHILD? I only recall the Strawberry Shortcake ones, they came with scented throw pillows!
38. WORST INJURY YOU'VE EVER HAD? Perhaps when I caught a softfall with my face.
39. DO YOU LOVE WHERE YOU LIVE? The town is nice, as are the people, but I could think of other places that sound more appealing.
40. HOW MANY TVs DO YOU HAVE IN YOUR HOUSE? 5 plus the computer has a tv tuner in it so I guess 6.
41. WHO IS YOUR LOUDEST FRIEND? Ashlee
42. HOW MANY DOGS DO YOU HAVE? 3
43. DOES SOMEONE HAVE A CRUSH ON YOU? doubtful
(There's no 44 either!)
45. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BOOK(S)? I enjoy reading Nicholas Sparks and James Patterson.
46. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CANDY? chocolate, right now, Hershey Bliss milk chocolate meltaway. Heaven.
47. FAVORITE SPORTS TEAM? Kansas Jayhawks
48. WHAT SONG DO YOU WANT PLAYED AT YOUR FUNERAL? Hope I don't have to decide for a long time. But Angie's answer was AWESOME! My Humps!
49. WHAT WERE YOU DOING AT 12 A.M.? surfing, looking at the TAC catty
50. WHAT WAS THE FIRST THING YOU THOUGHT OF WHEN YOU WOKE UP? Where's Jeff?