Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Gooseberry Patch

I love Gooseberry Patch! They have the cutest stuff, the BEST cookbooks (my FAVORITES!) and I love all of the free recipes I get from their newsletter. Sometimes, I even find time to MAKE them! Here's a recipe I got in today's newsletter. I love freshly-baked bread, and this is just too simple!

Honey Quick Bread

2-1/2 c. all-purpose flour

1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1 t. baking powder
1/4 t. cinnamon

1/2 c. oil
1-1/2 c. buttermilk
1/2 c. honey

Mix all ingredients together; spoon into a greased and floured 9"x5" loaf pan. Let stand for 20 minutes; bake at 375 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes. Makes one loaf.

I made some of Will's birthday invites last night and they are no where near as cute as I'd hoped. I had been lucky enough to find some Cars stamps a while back but they just din't work out for this. :-( Would have been too much work. So I just embellished my black and red layered cards with Cars stickers. Eh. :-( Maybe I can make something post-worthy tonight. We'll see. I am feeling better!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Mmmm, I love making bread and this sounds good. Thanks for sharing!